A truly unique opportunity to taste through a selection of 15 baijiu and learn in detail about this fascinating Chinese spirits category. Hosted by WSET's Nick King DipWSET and Antony Moss MW, who will be joined by some of China's most important baijiu distillers.
Monday, July 29, 2019
The event will finish between 4.30pm and 5.00pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Advanced spirits tasting
Baijiu is a Chinese category of spirits that is made in a wide range of different styles using different production methods, many of which are not seen or used outside of China. The vast majority of baijiu is made and consumed in China, with only a small number of bottles available in the UK at this time.
This tasting offers a truly unique opportunity for those interested in learning more about this fascinating category. WSET's Nick King DipWSET and Antony Moss MW will bring to detailed life the diversity of styles available, and will introduce you to the raw materials, common processing and distillation methods, and the key sub-categories of baijiu.
You’ll also have the chance to taste an amazing selection of 15 baijiu (listed below) and meet distillers from some of the most important producers, who have travelled from China to share their products with you. If you're interested in studying for the WSET Level 3 Award in Spirits, this will give you a great taster of what you could learn.
This tasting event will require no prior knowledge of Baijiu, just an interest in discovering one of the world’s most unique and interesting spirits categories.
- Chengdu Yuan He Baijiu Distillery, Yuan Wo Zi, Strong Aroma
- China Shen Jiu Group, Shen Jiu, Strong Aroma
- Shanxi Qi Bi Fang Distillery, Qi Bi Fang, Light Aroma
- Chongqing Jiang Xiao Bai, Jiang Xiao Bai, Light Aroma
- Guizhou Yan Bo Distillery, Ren Min Xiao Jiu, Light Sauce Aroma
- Hunan Jiu Gui Jiu Distillery, Jiu Gui Jiu Nei Can, Complex Aroma
- Shaanxi Xi Feng Baijiu Distillery, Xi Feng, Phoenix Aroma
- Anhui Kou Zi Jiao distillery, Kou Zi Jiao, Mix Aroma
- Guizhou Dong distillery, Dong Jiu, Medicine Aroma
- Henhui Lao Bai Gan distillery, Lao Bai Gan, Lao Bai Gan aroma
- Sichuan Lang jiu Distillery, Qing Hua Lang, Sauce Aroma
- Shandong Jing zhi distillery, Jing Zhi, Sesame Aroma
- Guangdong Shi Wan Distillery, Yu Bing Shao, Chi Aroma
- Yunnan Pin Hu Tang Distillery, Shang Pin Hu, Rice Aroma
- Jiangxi Si Te distillery, Si Te, Te Aroma
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received, we cannot take provisional bookings.
Transfer requests will be accepted up to two weeks before each event.
- Up to 2 weeks before the tasting you will receive a refund less 10%.
- Within 2 weeks of the tasting fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Book online or call student services on 020 7089 3841 for bookings or any booking related enquiries.
If you have any other enquiries about any of our tastings please email email@example.com