A one-off walkaround wine tasting with an educational twist, to celebrate Wine Education Week! 50 great bottles to sample, 10 liquid lessons, one great big taster of the joys of wine school!
Saturday, September 14, 2019
12.30pm - 2:30pm
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Beginner walkaround wine tasting
As part of the first ever global Wine Education Week, and on the afternoon of the famous Bermondsey Street Festival, we’ll be halting classes and welcoming in new friends and neighbours. This one-off tasting offers a great opportunity for anyone with an interest in wine to taste through a selection of 50 brilliant bottles, meet our team of wine educators, and get a little taste of wine school!
Based at the top of bustling Bermondsey Street in London Bridge, WSET School London is the world’s largest wine, spirits and sake school. Each year we teach over 5,000 enthusiasts and professionals from all over the globe about these fascinating beverages and how to get the most out of every sip. Established in 1969, we have over 50 years of experience turning wine lovers like you into wine experts.
It's a walkaround wine tasting, with an educational twist. Each of our educators have designed their own 'liquid lesson'. They've chosen a diverse selection of 50 great bottles, each with something to teach you about the world of wine, including:
- How to tackle food and wine pairing
- Features of common grape varieties and wine regions
- How climate affects the taste of your wine
- How wine changes as it gets older
- How to decipher wine label terminology
- The differences between Prosecco, Cava and Champagne
- How oak affects wines and spirits
- What sake is, and which key styles you should look out for
This relaxed Saturday afternoon tasting is the perfect way to get a taste of the fascinating world of wine education.
Be sure to enjoy the wonderful Bermondsey Street Festival before and/or after the tasting - this buzzing street party is a wonderful celebration of our vibrant and food-filled neighbourhood!
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.